LNO, Inc. is seeking qualified Field Service Analyst's to support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations as it relates to the Distributed Common Ground System- Army (DCGS-A).
Requirements & Duties:
- Active TS-SCI Security Clearance is required
- Must have the ability to perform routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions.
- Knowledge using operating systems and database management systems, to include performing analysis of system operations.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must be available for assignment to various CONUS/OCONUS sites for extended terms.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security Plus)
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and it’s applicable database server/services.
- Install and configure OGS systems for EMARSS and GRCS systems.
- Knowldege of OGS setup and installation
- Knowledge of GALE administration
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrators.
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers group of the Fixed Site Server Segement. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server.
- Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc.
- Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets.
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
- Experience working in a fast past multi-faceted environment preferred.
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Experience integrating with Symantec Netbackup solutions desired.
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.
- May be required to Work as Teir ,I II and III Support.
Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of three years experience may be used in lieu of education. The experience must be directly related and/or similar to the functional area of the position being advertised.
Prior military experience is highly desirable.
Completion of a U.S. Military Service Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Senior NCO Academy Course and/or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is highly desirable.