LNO, Inc. is seeking a SATCOM Engineer to support the Regional Hub Node for CECOM FSB.
The engineer will develop SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans; develop SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views); develop test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams; develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity; develop technology transition plans.
Requirements & Duties:
- Extensive experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP networks which cover a regional to global geography utilizing commercial and military SATCOM teleport and gateway nodes and infrastructure.
- Must understand fundamental SATCOM principles and techniques.
- Must have understanding of Internet Protocol networking principles and concepts.
- Must have understanding of various IP transmission data (TCP, UDP, etc…)
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial SATCOM systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Frequency Division Multiple Access, Multi-Frequency Time Division Multiple Access and Internet Protocol Modems (specifically I-Direct and Linkway is desirable).
- Must describe experiences performing above duties during interview.
- Applicant must have strong ability to multi-task.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills.
- Applicant must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Cisco and Juniper router experience is highly desirable.
- Riverbed or other network optimization/management equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Voice over IP and Cisco Call Manager equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 8 years of experience
- 8 years of experience.