LNO, Inc.is seeking a Tactical Network Engineer to design and implement high level telecommunications capabilities for various military operations. The candidate will be responsible for providing support at all of the customer's locations as well as general network maintenance and PM Tactical Network Core and Network Modernization systems integration support. Additionally, the candidate will analyze and diagnose malfunctions and problems related to the system, its components and all supported software. The candidate will design, plan, establish, and optimize wireless networks (WiFi, 4G, LOS, Tropo) as the networks are applied to the PM Tactical Network Core and Network Modernization systems. The candidate will assist in the development and delivery of training on the system. The candidate will participate in upgrades, improvements and changes to the PM Tactical Network Core systems as well as the complete product line of the Network Modernization program. The candidate will be able to work independently and as a team member. The candidate will be responsible for reporting issues, changes and development status in accordance with the Project Communications Management Plan.
This position is an ON-CALL position, extended absence from work is not allowed.
Requirements & Duties:
- Preliminary missions will be WiFi heavy (Secure, Commercial, SFF, MACP)
- Within 3 months of start date the following systems will be added responsibility
- Commercial Coalition Equipment (NIPR,SIPR, Commercial, Coalition)
- Modular Communications Network – Advanced Enclave (TS/SCI)
- 4G LTE Cellular Solutions
- Commercial Radio Case (UHF, VFH, HF, 700-800MHz)
- Tri-Band Line-of-Sight (Bands 3, 3+,4)
Requisite Skill Set - Signal Knowledge - All of the skills listed below are necessary.
- CCNA (Routing / Switching)
- JNN/STT/CPN knowledge
- Extensive VM
- Voice (CCM/VoIP/POTS)
- Radio (UHF/VHF/HF/Public Safety)
Requisite Skill Set - Work Conditions
- Deployable under austere conditions – CONUS
- Defense in Support of Civil Authorities (DISCA)
- Disaster Response Team - Hurricane/Wildfire/Terrorist etc.
- Deployable under austere conditions - OCONUS
- Africa Command
- Global Reaction Force (82nd ABN)
- Work in austere conditions –
- § White Sands Missile Range (WSMR)
- § Yuma Proving Ground, Yuma, AZ
- § Electronic Proving Grounds, Fort Huachuca, AZ
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Total systems troubleshooting
5 Mast variants for NetMod
- 10lbs at 10ft
- 30lbs at 50ft
- 35lbs at 50ft
- 20lbs at 35ft
- 30lbs at 100ft
Additional Skills Needed for Position (Preferred not required)
- Fielding - Logistics procedures (2062,3161,PBO)
- Military Experience (Signal Warrants, 25 Series NCO, other service branch equivalents)
- TM/Training Package Development
- ABCS Systems - CPOF, AFATADS, DCGS etc.
- Commercial Coalition Equipment (CCE)
- Modular Communications Node - Advanced Enclave (MCN-AE)
- Design and validate RF link performance, quality and reliability
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment
- Optimize existing network by adjusting radio network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems
- Monitor and analyze statistical and test data to improve system performance
- Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, RF Engineering tools and antenna theory to choose access point placement
- Conduct project work in a safe and professional manner
- Instruct classes
- Assist in development of Technical Manuals and Training Package for all NetMod products
- ValEx of NetMod products
- Fielding of NetMod products
- Bachelors Degree in related field and/or a combination of experience and education directly related to the field.
- Military experience a plus.