LNO, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Training Specialist, SR to support our customer.
The selected candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities
• Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits complex operational, instructional, training manuals, instructional videos, video\audio production, and or test procedures to operate, multimedia or web-based publication.
• Provides instruction based on experience for technical and training documentation and instructional video preparation and editing.
• Familiarity with implementing the Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) training requirements outlined in the TP 350-70 series of publications.
• Must be able to travel and instruct (verbally/written) field level operators, maintenance, preventative maintenance checks/procedures, replace and repair on Major End Items of equipment associated with the system(s) Period of Instruction.
• Coordinates with maintenance activities on repairable component actions with Program Managers; Logistics Program Managers; Technical and Training Documentation Supervisor; Logistics Analysts; Engineers.
• Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation development. • Researches and translates technical information into training manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
• Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals centered towards the development of training materials.
• Recommends formats; Responsive to technical and customer requirements centered towards the development of training materials.
• Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
• Provides recommendations and ideas to the technical documentation team, project leads, management and the customer on best work practices, workflow, presentation, structure and organization of materials by developing new work processes and methods using existing authoring tools, new authoring tools, and third-party plug-ins to improve work process efficiency and overall quality of customer deliverables.
• Supports CMMI efforts by defining methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Documents engineering processes and specifications by editing software developer and engineering staff's notes and procedures and applies formatting to support the writing and publication of hardware and software test procedures, white papers, readme files, etc. for training material purposes.
• Proactively informs management team and project leads to report project status, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule centered towards the development of training materials.
• Ensures the accurate preparation of documents for interim and final delivery to customer by creating and preparing training materials (agendas, etc.) to facilitate various validations and verifications of manuals with the customer.
Requirements & Duties:
• Minimum of ten (10) years experience in instructing and developing, reviewing course material, training aids and manuals for vocational or military training programs.
• Minimum of ten (10) years SATCOM experience on commercial and military satellite communications vehicles (setup/acquire/stow/tear down).
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience surrounding Training Development and Standards.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience surrounding Instructional Training Videos preparation and standards.
• Experience in video production, visual media arts, video production techniques to design, develop, and edit.
• Experience in designing, developing, and delivering interactive training videos used on online help systems.
• Must have SATCOM 101 Training Certification and or related training certificates.
• Must have experience authoring MILSTD training packages, including Programs of Instruction, Lesson Plans and Student/Instructor Guides or Instructional Briefings.
• Strong ability to research and interpret data.
• Strong working knowledge of DoD MIL Standards and style guides and the ability to adhere to and implement such standards towards training and technical documentation.
• Considered as an expert in several areas of their job (for example; production tools, projects, DoD MIL STD, IETMs, etc.).
• Strong proficiency with editing and production tools (for example; MS Office Suite; Adobe Suite; TNT; Adobe Premiere Pro Video Editing; Adobe Audition Editing; video & animation software; MS Movie Maker software; RoboHelp etc.).
• Strong knowledge of publication systems centered towards the development/publishing of training materials. • Strong team leader skills with ability to supervise and possesses excellent people skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills. • Strong ability to manage and lead complex tasks from kick off to delivery.
• Strong customer interface skills and sensitivity to customer satisfaction.
• Strong communications skills with teammates, direct management, program management, engineering/technical staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, or related field of study; Experience in Instructional Video Design and Visual Media; Training Certificates in SATCOM 101 or related training certificates; Master's degree is a plus but not required.