****Candidates must have an ACTIVE CLEARANCE****
LNO Inc. is seeking a senior Network Engineer at Fort Detrick that will serve as senior-level person to perform the daily tasks of operating and maintaining the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) Network Service Center (NSC). The candidates fulfilling these functions must be fully knowledgeable in the tactical, worldwide global network from a planning, implementation and troubleshooting perspective.
GAIT is a colorless (transport) MPLS network that connects each of the Army Regional Hub Nodes (RHNs), multiple DoD Teleports (SATCOM only), and other points of presence together in support of a global tactical network. This network will support training, contingency and operational missions on a global scale. GAIT will provide for the successful integration of processing equipment that solves a multi-phase convergence methodology: Transport Convergence phase 1 (Intelligence Convergence) and phase 2 (Telemedicine Convergence). It also provides the backhaul network for emerging requirements such as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) and En route Mission Command and Control (EMC2).
The candidate will provide support to GAIT in day to day operations and monitoring of the Clients network equipment availability and performance, respond to alerts and trouble tickets, and perform trouble shooting tasks. Candidate will provide support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the PM-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for support to the Army’s Regional Hub Node (RHN) O&M team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
The Network Engineer duties will include managing various components of the infrastructure, including wired and wireless routers, switches, Cisco Voice over IP (VOIP) components, appliance based specialty networking or system hardware, configuration of alert management systems on other managed infrastructure components such as service desk tools, and monitoring and alerting infrastructure which serves as the nexus of the GAIT incident and alter management system. The candidate will create/review technical designs and make recommendations to the technical lead of the project regarding the security aspects of the solutions. Other duties include but are not limited to;
- Bring an Innovative approach to the network field of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new security products, maintain knowledge of emerging cyber technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting costs.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
Requirements & Duties:
- Must have 8-10 years of Network Engineer experience or equivalent Bachelor's + 4-6 yrs. related experience, or MS + 2-4 yrs. experience
- Experience managing a large enterprise network
- Experience including LAN and WAN technologies based on Cisco hardware and platforms
- Experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP network which cover a regional to global geography
An in-depth knowledge of IP networking and processes is mandatory. The candidate must possess knowledge that is on-par with a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification, but the certification is not a requirement for the position. Holding technical positions inside a Division, Corps, or echelon above Corps NetOps or Engineering Team experience is a bonus. The candidate network engineer should have a working knowledge of the topics listed below or have the potential to learn the required knowledge in a reasonable timeframe. They are listed in priority.
- Load configurations on router/switches (CCNA R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multicast (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand switch technologies (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Policy Based Routing (PBR) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand various SP technologies i.e; MVPN, LDP, MP-BGP (CCNP SP)
- NetOps o Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.0 and above (VMware VCP-DCV)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the various NetOps applications, such as: SNMPc, Solarwinds ORION, Radius, and TACACS (Cisco ISE)
- Information Assurance (IA)
- Load IOSs on Cisco firewalls/IPSs (CCNA Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco firewall/IPS configurations (CCNP Security)
- Understand routing and traffic flows in the RHNs, and downrange assets (CCNP Security/CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco Security Manager (CSM) (CCNP Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto virtual firewalls
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto’s Panorama firewall management tool
- Create trunks (CCNA Voice)
- Build call managers (CCNP Voice)
- Create route patterns (CCNA Voice)
- Setup and operate the Voice Gateway Routers (VGR) (CCNP Voice)
- Understand call setup and call traffic flow (CCNP Voice)
- Communications Security
- Set up and operate KG-175A and KG-175D model TACLANEs and/or similar encryption devices
- Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance
- 25% Travel may be required
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- “On Call” may be required