SR Voice/Network Engineer
LNO, Inc. is seeking a SR Voice/Network Engineer to be located at Grovetown, GA, USA who will be primarily responsible for providing the network defense of accredited C4 networks within PM -Tactical Networks.
The candidate will provide E&I support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the PM-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for support to the Army’s Regional Hub Node (RHN) O&M team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
The SR Voice/Network Engineer will implement network defense cyber strategies for the accredited C4 networks consistent with DoD and Federal guidance respectively. The candidate will create/review technical designs and make recommendations to the technical lead of the project regarding the security aspects of the solutions. Other duties include but are not limited to;
- Configure, test, and maintain various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, BGP)
- Build and support complex VOIP networks, CISCO, CUCM, to include, scripting, installation, configuration and operation, including additional 3rd party products that’s integrated with CISCO.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, VOIP protocols required.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Design systems for use in the telecommunications field to manage VoIP (voice over Internet protocol) and telephony systems. They are responsible for tasks, such as designing, installing, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting voice communication systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, SIP, MGCP, and VoIP protocols required. Must be proficient in the use of VoIP analyzers and troubleshooting voice equipment.
- Manage and supervise telecommunications infrastructure and its related software, such as call management systems, VoIP, video conferencing, voice mail, and other telephony and network applications. They oversee the performance of voice systems and conduct traffic analysis and capacity planning so that the quality of service functions properly.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Provide design, engineering, and technical expertise regarding integration of new and existing technology into IT systems architecture
- Design and develop support tools, infrastructure monitoring capabilities, and automation of deployment/troubleshooting routines
- Develop and maintain comprehensive support documentation targeted to multiple operational levels (Tier 1 through 3)
- Document, schedule, conduct and test system changes in accordance with operational guidelines
- Setup and utilize tools to discover and monitor a large IT network for potential problems. Problems could include network performance, power, malware intrusion, server faults, bandwidth capacity, storage capacity, server disk utilization, middleware, application performance, as well as memory and processor utilization.
- Ensure the monitoring systems operate efficiently and are kept at the most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches.
- Bring an Innovative approach to the network field of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new security products, maintain knowledge of emerging cyber technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
- Must have 5 years of Voice/Network experience or equivalent Bachelor's + 4-6 yrs. related experience, or MS + 2-4 yrs. experience
- Experience managing a large enterprise network
- Experience including LAN and WAN technologies based on Cisco hardware and platforms
- Experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP network which cover a regional to global geography
- Strong knowledge of DoD IA/RMF and IT regulations and guidance
- Strong knowledge of routing, switching, VPNs, PKI and CSfC
- Hands-on experience with McAfee products such as ESM, email and web gateway
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance
- 25% Travel may be required
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- "On Call" may be required