Currently, LNO is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Field Service Technician to join our team in the Ft. Drum, NY Area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: The Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P) is the next iteration of FBCB2 and utilizes many different networking technologies such as IP radio, satellite, and LAN/WAN. The JBC-P Field Service Technician will support the Warfighter worldwide for garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies. The JBC-P Field Service Technician shall support pre-deployment exercises with field software sustainment, over- the-shoulder technical assistance, provide on-site diagnostic and corrective actions, and provide capturing and reporting requirements.
- Subject Matter Expert on all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT) in order to provide Commanders and Staff recommendations on how to best leverage FBCB2 systems to meet their operational needs.
- Attend C6/G6/S6 Shift change briefing, and participate C6/G6/S6 conference calls to identify issues with FBCB2/BFT system outlying sites.
- Mentoring and advanced technical training for 25Us, 74Bs and 94Bs on capabilities, fault isolation, and repair procedures
- Assist S6/S4/SSA on replacement LRUs and or entire platform replacement procedures.
- Works in concert with SSA and CECOM LARS to ensure faulty LRUs are processed and replaced thru the standard army supply system.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring of 25Us for uninstall and install of system from like platform to like platform.
- Assists the S4/G4/PBO during Fielding of new equipment.
- Ensures all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT) equipment are operational and properly accounted for
- Assistance on developing SOPs for maintaining and tracking replacement parts, cables and equipment turned in for repair.
- Provides advanced technical training to ensure fault verification
- Tracks status of all FBCB2 systems and works with unit thru S-4 / G-4 to ensure parts are validated on order to rectify deficiencies.
- Provide training/troubleshoot of UPPER TI platforms (AIC/IV4TIMS) and be able to explain role functionality/effect on FBCB2 network
- Provide input on CSMA Server placement.
- Maintain Master hard drive, when new software is fielded, check hard drive to ensure all maps are loaded that your unit require, before mass hard drive burn.
- Ensure all hard drives are properly labeled before issuing
- Ensure that all MT 2011's are properly reported when installed and gain access to the BFT network.
- Be a pro-active, energetic, assertive individual that can work well as part of a team.
- Individual must also be a self-starter with the ability to function autonomously, in sometimes austere locations, with little or no direct supervision.
- Must a US Citizen, possess a SECRET security clearance, be worldwide deploy able, have a valid US Drivers License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment. Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate (both verbally and in writing) complex thoughts and ideas.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) used for administrative reporting, training product generation and daily correspondence.
- Must be comfortable interacting with and mentoring military personnel of all ranks and have the ability to instruct one-on-one or in large/small group classroom environment.
- Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of the JBC-P and BFT systems as well as other ABCS Systems to include: EPLRS, SINCGARS, ASIP, JCR, etc.
- Ability to satisfy the standards of fitness for deployment to the most-demanding regions of the world (standards of fitness include: general physical, mental, and dental health standards, medication requirements, and body mass index (BMI) calculations).
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must possess an Active Secret DOD Clearance